This website is designed to aggregate listings of guides to understanding massage and particularly, gay massage & directories of service providers, vendors of supplies and other material and resources.
Benefits of Gay Massage and Gay Bodywork
Gay massage provides relief to gay men (or straight men or women) with pains and tensions from many kinds of activities. Provided to people from all walks of life: from youth to seniors, from all walks of life, , from casual sports to competitive athletics, relief for the home gardener and the overworked executive.
Gay Massage Treats the Body
Massage therapy is often used to address a variety of health conditions. The most prevalent is stress-related tension. Tension, especially stress related tension accounts for a greater incidence of disease, according to medical experts. Massage has been proven to be beneficial to many physical conditions, including: cancer-related fatigue, sleep disorders, lower back pain, spinal cord injury, high blood pressure, smoking cessation, diabetes, autism, post-operative surgery, age-related disorders, infertility, eating disorders, and depression.
Massage is often effective for those with these conditions because massage offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach supporting the body's natural ability to heal itself. Massage and bodywork offer many beneficial physiological effects:
- Increased circulation, greater bloodflow.
- Stimulation of the lymph system, the body's natural defense, against toxic invaders. Ex. in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
- Releasing endorphins, the body's natural painkiller. For this reason, massage is often incorporated into treatment for chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery. Massage helps control and relieve pain.
- Relaxing and softening of injured and/or overused muscles
- Increased joint flexibility
- Reduced spasms / cramping
- Reduced recovery time from strenuous workouts, reduced post-workout pain for athletes at any level.
- Reduced post-surgery adhesions and edema
- Reduced and realigned scar tissue
- Improved range of motion & decreased discomfort for those with low back pain
- Relief of pain for migraine sufferers, decreased need for medication
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reducing shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
It's important to note that there are some conditions where massage is not recommended. Your practitioner should ask you about your specific health conditions and determine if massage, bodywork or somatic therapies are a good idea. In some cases, you should also consult your doctor.
Why directories and guides are important?
Directories point to alternative vendors allowing consumer choice and freedom throught dissemination of information. By offering alternatives in one place, directories let shoppers quickly compare many potential vendors. Guides explain terms which can become overly technical in ways that may shed light on either subtle or substantial differences in product or service offerings. We are glad to provide a place to aggregate guides and directories.
Choice is Freedom, Freedom is Choice
As Devo days: Freedom of Choice is What You Want! Look for the choices available, evaluate them and choose.